Saturday, April 25, 2009

Senior Letter

I wrote this on May 4, 1990. I can't actually remember the reasoning behind the letter, I'm guessing to see how far we'd come with goals and life in general. We left these with our teacher to be mailed in five years but to my surprise (and, honestly, I'd forgotten all about the letter) mine came in the mail a few weeks ago. Here are some excerpts...

...Right now many things are important to me: my goals, being happy and enjoying life. My family is important to me. My friends mean a lot to me, too.
...I see myself as an energetic, fun-loving, fairly intelligent young woman. I have goals for the future, lots of friends, ambition and some style.
...Secret fears: that I'll be a failure in the eyes of my parents. They always want me to be so much. I'm just afraid that I'll let them down and then they'll be disappointed. I guess that knowing that my parents are upset with me or disappointed in me would just crush my heart. I really don't have any other fears.
...I hope that in five years from today my life has changed for the better and that I'm very happy with the way things have turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment