Thursday, November 6, 2008

Today I Cried


Have I shared that I haven't been able to cry since I came back from Rapid City in August? I think it was because of the closure that I experienced while I was there - placing the cross at the Plateau where Troy's ashes are spread and also leaving some of Handsome's ashes, as well. I had a great (although short) visit with Gary and Sharon and once again we were able to connect on an incredibly emotional level. Since that time I've been feeling that my sadness has been banished and replaced by such positive memories of Troy and all the wonderful things we experienced together. That I grew a lot in that time - that I gave and received love, joy and happiness. Three simple things that many people take for granted...or worse yet, never feel, or never allow themselves to feel.

Fast forward to today: I met a woman through a mutual friend. I'll call this new person in my life, MP, a definite spiritual connection. She's the owner of Soul Picnic, a special retreat center here, she's also a massage therapist and leader of a healing circle on Sunday mornings. As soon as I looked into her eyes I knew that this beautiful woman had come into my life for a very important reason. After just a few minutes of sharing the tears had sprung from my eyes, and let me tell you - RELIEF! Just in those brief seconds of talking I realized how (once again) I am strong, but I don't always have to be. This is my life and I love it and I have control over how I feel and who I let in to share it with...and I chose to add MP to my circle.

Don't call on Sunday morning, I won't be answering. I'll be at Soul Picnic taking care of me.
L

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you met MP!!! Go have the most wonderful Sunday! You deserve it! Love you so much!!!!! Your Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking about you my rockin blog friend! I concur you deserve every ounce of happiness you can get! You are one amazing woman!

    T

    ReplyDelete