Monday, December 15, 2008

Things I can't talk about

Sometimes when I lay in bed in the morning or stand in the shower the memories of that day come back to me so clearly I feel like it's happening all over again. I don't know why. Some say I suffer from PTSD. I don't know. This is probably just my minds way of processing a tragic/traumatic event. In time, I'm told, new memories and events will replace the old and we have a way of remembering only the good things (I guess that's how people have more than one baby - they forget the pain of delivery and only remember that beautiful newborn). Regardless, for now I continue to travel between the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, the joy and the anger, the acceptance and the guilt, the laughter and the tears.

2 comments:

  1. It is for sure one of those days. I'm thinking of you mama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,

    You will have those ups and downs. All of us who have gone through the loss of a loved one experience that. Over time, the downs will become less and less as they are replaced with the memories of how that person blessed our lives. Continue to be the "Sunshine".

    Rick

    ReplyDelete