Thursday, December 20, 2007

Camping - summer 1993

I think our first adventure was camping at Lake Angostura. We made Troy's friend Bob come along and a girl I worked with - Roxanne. We kept trying to play matchmaker for Bob and I think he was at the end of his rope with our Cupid's arrow! Roxanne was fun and had a "great personality" - but, well, let's just stay Bob was a skinny little twig and Roxanne had the opposite body shape. I can't remember what vehicle we drove, probably Bob's crumby Bronco. We had two tents, one for the girls and one for the boys. I know we brought hot dogs and beer, but can't remember what else for the weekend. It was a nice warm weekend and before long we had all cooled down by quenching our thirsts. Before I knew it Troy and Bob were feeling pretty good and decided to climb trees. I can still picture looking up and seeing Troy WAY up at the top...he looked like a monkey! That evening we had a fire to cook our hot dogs and I recall laughing so hard at Bob that my sides hurt. He was pretty inebriated and kept losing his dogs in the fire, however, he just reached right in and grabbed them. We were all young, poor people and weren't about to let a little charcoal and fire ruin our dinner!

I had a great weekend, but there never was romance between Bob and Roxanne. Honestly, she was very revolted by the guys. I will never forget when we woke up in the morning and Bob was covered in black soot from all those charred hot dogs! Troy and I laughed about that camping trip for years...thanks for the great memories Bob. Love ya!

lco

PS: Later that year we introduced Bob to my friend (and co-worker at the time) Candice. It was love at first sight and later they both said that as soon as they met they knew that the was person they were going to marry. Now Bob and Candice have been married for almost 13 years and have three smart, beautiful children. See earlier post for pictures and story. l

No comments:

Post a Comment